The mobile gynaecology outpatient clinic provides free, confidential and quality services in the area of sexual and reproductive health for women coming from the hard-to-reach populations (women sex workers and women who inject drugs), as well as women prisoners, asylum-seeking women, migrant women and women from the rural areas, all of whom have a limited access or no access at all to gynaecological services.
These services are provided by a professional team consisting of a gynaecologist/obstetrician and an obstetrics nurse in an adequately adapted field vehicle, equipped with gynaecological examination chair, ultrasonography machine and the necessary medical instruments.
The mobile gynaecology outpatient clinic offers the following services:
- Diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections (gonorrhoea, syphilis, chlamydia, trichomoniasis, candida) with Pap test and other microbiological tests.
- Administration of therapy and contraceptives (condoms, intrauterine contraceptive devices, oral and emergency contraceptives)
- Planned parenthood counselling and unintended pregnancy prevention, bimanual examination and ultrasonography, pregnancy tests
- Counselling for modern contraceptive methods (condoms, intrauterine contraceptive devices, oral and emergency contraceptives)
- Distribution of free condoms, lubricants and education materials
All of these services are available in Kumanovo, Gostivar, Ohrid, Struga, Bitola and Strumica, and further information about the local field visit schedules (day, hour and location) may be obtained directly from the local partner organisations. Upon demand, we organize additional shifts in cities where there is a lack of sexual and reproductive health services.